Monday, March 23, 2009

cricut cartridge storage: mission COMPLETE!

I admit it. I'm terrible with completing projects. My mind has so many projects I'd like to tackle and I'm good at starting them, but I'm terrible with the follow-through.

Anyway, I came across this little project that seemed easy enough... It's a storage box for Cricut cartridges. How convenient! Kudos to the ladies who came up with this (I'm nowhere NEAR that creative!)...

Instructions can be found HERE...





I got the Snapware ribbon storage box from the Container Store when I made my trip with DH today... There's also a coupon going on for 25% off so I got it for a little over $8. :)

I got the plastic canvas from Walmart. $1.97 for 6 sheets. WAY more than I need. I don't have that many cartridges and don't know if I plan to buy more since I have SCAL now.... so if anyone wants me to cut the sheets to size and mail it to them (we'll discuss reimbursement later), let me know! Just leave me a comment here...

Isn't it cute?

I'm so proud of myself. As for the original boxes that the carts and booklets came in...I haven't decided what to do with them yet. I don't want to throw them away just yet... And if ever I decide to sell them or give them away, I'm sure the buyer would like the box. So, for now, they're shelved in the closet and away from my main scrap area. We'll see if I change my mind...

5 comments:

Gabrielle said...

What a GREAT idea! Good for you for getting this done BEFORE baby! :)

janis said...

hi jo. welcome to ps-se. visited your blog and i must say that you have something really great here. truly inspiring. ;o

Anonymous said...

i love cricut...
unfortunately, hubby got me a craft robo alrdy....
i'm so jealous! =)

Nanabells said...

I saw one of those at a recent crop, and she bought it off ebay, but I already had the container and made mine, too. My problem is that I have too many cartridges and I'm out of space for the booklets! and I have a 3rd layer for the keyboard overlays :-) Good for you to make it!!

Dawn said...

Hi Jo, I love this idea! It looks like you haven't posted anything here in awhile, but just in case you check in, I wanted to let you know that I shared your solution on my website:

http://discountdiecutcartridges.com/2012/03/cricut-cartridge-storage-ideas/

Thanks for the idea!