Wednesday, May 6, 2009

5 weeks old.

Time is FLYING. I can't believe that Malia is already 5 weeks old!

We celebrated her first Cinco de Mayo yesterday here at home. Low key and didn't do much, but it was such a nice day to be chilling at home. :) I'm learning how to use our Nikon and shoot in MANUAL mode. Kind of daunting, but thankfully, my DH has really been into photography (his knowledge about photography surpasses mine) and he gave me a quick-bare-bones lesson on how to shoot in manual.

Here are a couple pics I took with our Nikon D200, Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 in manual mode (and I didn't do any post processing).







It's been really really fun learning something new. I don't expect to be an awesome photographer like Caroline, Maria Grace, Ali, Tara, or Kelly, but I just want to step my game up a little bit.

And since I can't find any ME time to do anything crafty, I've rediscovered my love for cooking and baking again. I tried doing a cooking/baking blog and that didn't work, so I'll incorporate my food here in this blog (wish I started a while ago - I have been cooking up a storm!)

------------------


EASY CHICKEN & CHEESE ENCHILADAS


1 can (10 3/4 oz) Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup Pace Picante Sauce
2 tsp chili powder
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
6 flour tortillas (6"), warmed
1 small tomato, chopped
1 green onion, sliced

1. Stir the soup, sour cream, picante sauce and chili powder in a medium bowl
2. Stir 1 cup picante sauce mixture, chicken and cheese in a large bowl
3. Divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas. Roll up the tortillas and place them seamside up in an 11x8" shallow baking dish. Pour the remaining picante sauce mixture over the filled tortillas. Cover the baking dish.
4. Bake at 350F for 40 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Top with the tomato and onion

---
They didn't come out like the picture in my magazine showed, but they were still pretty good! And they were super easy, so I'll be making these again! :)

Have a great week!

1 comment:

bruinbr said...

what a cutie! I still haven't learned how to shoot in manual mode - I just let dh do it! Great recipe too! I'm always looking for quick, easy, and yummy recipes!