Saturday, May 16, 2009

recipe: flourles Peanut Butter Cookies

Yes, please. :)

I got this recipe from a couple of places. I guess the foodie/baking/cooking & blogging community is intertwined somehow. I have 2 blogs saved in my Google Reader and this recipe was posted within days of each other.

Understandable, really. It's really good. So I'm sharing it here...


Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
(from Joy the Baker and Honey and Jam)

1 cup all-natural chunky or smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with butter and set aside. In a mixer combine peanut butter and sugars until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add egg and baking soda and mix for another 2 minutes. Roll into walnut sized balls and create a cris-cross pattern with a fork. If you’d like, add a few chocolate pieces to the top of the cookies. Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on a baking sheet for two minutes, then transfer to… your mouth.

-----

This recipe is SO GOOD it's DANGEROUS. I've already made 2 batches since discovering the recipe a few weeks ago. And each time I've had to give half of the batch away because I had consumed the other half in a matter of hours.

And just a warning though: since there's no flour, the cookies are pretty delicate. And I used old-fashioned PB - it works just fine. There's already a ton of sugar in it anyway!

Enjoy! :)

2 comments:

Jamie Ko said...

I'm gonna have to try this. I still have some old fashioned PB left from the gestational diabetes days. I love PB but couldn't have the JIF stuff cuz of all the sugar! it's good to see a recipe where I can use the PB I still have left!

bruinbr said...

yum! the picture looks scrumptious!