Saturday, November 24, 2007

update

I've been MIA lately - and I'm sorry... With the hustle and bustle of the Thanksgiving holidays, life has been hectic and crazy.

My mom suffered a minor (thank God) stroke on the 15th and was in the hospital for a couple of days last weekend... Needless to say, she's better now and I couldn't be more grateful. We really do have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

Work has been a little busy to say the least. We've been really short staffed and we incorporated a new computer charting system so it's been really busy...

Haven't worked on any scrapbook layouts in a while. With my mom and her stroke, work and it's craziness, Jonah and his cold and teething and fussiness - I just haven't had time. I miss it though.

Yesterday I went to the "So You Think You Can Dance" concert in Oakland with my SIL. Super fun. Her bf gave her tickets for her birthday and I was lucky enough that she asked me to go with her. Thanks Ian and Claire! :)

Here's my favorite routine from the tv show... so glad they performed it in concert!



We didn't celebrate Thanksgiving, to let my mom rest and also because Jonah is still sick AND I had to work... But tonight we're doing a shindig here at our house. My first time cooking a turkey. Wish me luck!

Oh and for those who are interested - I've been really feeling domestic lately and started a cooking blog: Cooking Girl Jo - Check it out!

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Ady said...

I barely have time for one blog and your off doing two blogs.. I am so happy your mom is better... I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal with your family. I can't wait to see new layouts.. I haven't scrapped either. Hopefully soon.

Unknown said...

i'm so glad you mom is better! BIG HUGS! how was your first turkey? i'm sure it was GREAT!

my SIL has been very busy at work and they have cut staff, i guess hospitals do that at the end of the year??? dunno, she said it's like that all over right now. anyway, i hope things settle down for you and that everyone gets well!

bruinbr said...

I'm so glad to hear that your mom is doing ok! That is soooooo scary!

Very cool cooking blog too! :)

Gabrielle said...

Hectic...what's that? HAHA!

I am SO jealous you went to the "So You Think You Can Dance" concert! I wanna go! :)

Cooking blog? YOU GO GIRL! I'm going to go check it out!