Wednesday, February 18, 2009

i'm on a mission.


I'm seriously on a mission to reorganize my scrapbook room/office. I think that's a HUGE part of why I lose mojo so fast - I can get SOOOO disorganized!

And that's such a terrible trait - I'm a VIRGO for goodness sakes! (I didn't mean for that to rhyme. *lol*)

The scraproom is really cluttered. I need to gut the place and start fresh. But there's just so much stuff I don't even know where to begin.

Over the weekend, Carl and I made a trip to Ikea and I got an Expedit bookcase! It hasn't been assembled yet and we haven't brought it up from the garage (we need help doing that), but I'm super excited to get it done. We also picked up some drawers for some of the cubbies and a couple of doors. It should be interesting to get it finally finished.

And now onto Stacy Julian's newest book... I thought I just had it on my wishlist on Amazon but imagine my surprise when I got an email confirmation saying that the book had shipped and would be delivered this past Monday! I was super excited - there was a huge lag and wait time for the book - 1-2 months - and that's why I never added it.

But I'm SO GLAD that I did (even if it was by accident! *lol*). This book is awesome. It's totally inspiring me to go through my pictures and reorganize the way I scrapbook. Her style totally just fits mine. I love it. I can't wait to implement her ideas and adapt them to my own.

I went ahead and ordered the index card file boxes I had mentioned in a previous post. I can't wait for those to arrive so I can organize my pictures!

And yes, I know I should be saving money.... But you know what? We called our loan guy to see how it would look if we were to buy a house while still owning the condo - it doesn't look so good. Stupid economy. So, while we're stuck in our condo for goodness knows how long, we might as well make ourselves comfortable and happy. Don't you think?

Yes, I'm totally trying to rationalize my spending. :)

But it's ok though - I've got a really supportive husband!... who happens to have expensive (if not MORE expensive) hobbies too... :)

2 comments:

bruinbr said...

ehhehe - I'll join in on the rationalizing of my spending! With the jellybean on the way, my spending has been a bit ummm...'unregulated' :P Can't wait to see your new organized space! I love the Expedit bookcase - we just have zero room for it!

Ady said...

Hey Jo, I bought an expedit in December and I love it. I have four baskets on top for all my embellies and the bottom is for my albums. The top holds my clip it up and baskets. I'll take pictures this weekend and upload so you can check it out. Ever since I purged, organized and re purposed my stuff I have been scrapping like crazy so you see organization is key... HUGZ... You can also check out Vanessa's blog for how she used hers. You can link her through my blog