Wednesday, October 24, 2007

what's meant to be...

Well I guess it isn't meant to be - me being a DT... Applied for one this month and got the rejection email today. With each rejection I'm getting better about it and I know my time will come soon... But lately I've been starting to re-evaluate if I even want to apply to various DTs anymore... With all the hype around Creating Keepsakes and Kristina Contes and HOF, it made me ask myself if it's really worth it to even put my name out there...

Not saying that I would, but what if my name became a household name someday like Elise, Becky, Ali, Donna, or Cathy Z.? Do I really want my personal business out there? Like when people started putting 2 and 2 together when Elsie stopped posting pics of herself and her husband in her blog and stopped creating LOs about him and their marriage, it made people wonder...and those wondering people did some research and more snooping and discovered she went through a divorce and announced it on 2Peas (and from what I heard, found the legal documents online and posted them too)... How wrong is that?!

Do I really want that? No way. I already lack privacy because I'm a registered nurse. Any former patient of mine can look me up on the board of registered nursing website. How safe do I feel?

So yeah, with the rejection email, I'm actually ok for once. I might retire from applying to more DTs for a while, at least until the holidays are over... I'm also in this weird funk where I don't even *feel* like scrapping lately. Maybe a little loss of mojo? I don't know...

I'm also feeling awesome about the rejection too - I really don't want to be defined by deadlines and minimum requirements for layouts and messageboard posts - I want to create stuff and make stuff and for now, I want to make them all for me... :)

7 comments:

Cathy Pascual said...

hi jo-
sorry about the DT.
you still rock in my book!!!! :)

-cathy

RiNNE said...

dude. i feel the same. let's just scrap because it's what we love.

Brooke S. Rochon said...

Jo, it's their loss, but obviously your gain. I have found that rejection has made me stronger and more driven. I'm guessing that the most successful people in life were once the biggest losers. So, here's to being a LOSER!!!! DWP all the way.

Ady said...

Your layouts rock, and you will so get something. I took a class with Ali Edwards at CKU and she said that when she started scrapping she just submitted every single layout she made and CK ended up calling her. Just keep sending them out. Something will happen. If you don't submit they don't know you are out there. I have no mojo either. I've been working on my class kit "A week in the life" there is no thinking just doing... I owe you guys the 3rd dare layout. I will have it soon... BTW. Great digi layout...

bruinbr said...

You are a scrapstar to me! i love your layouts and projects! Don't worry, the mojo will be back (although I don't think it's ever gone anywhere!)

Anna M said...

You are so so so talented and once again, it is their loss.

I'm glad you feel that way. Let's create for us!

Gabrielle said...

I completely agree...all this stuff has made me rethink why I apply for DT's. I scrap and craft for my family and ME! DT's will come and go but the passion I have for crafting will NOT! :)

You are SUPER talented and you will get that DT position you deserve!