Friday, August 17, 2007

oldies but goodies.

This week has been crazy busy for me... On top of working all last weekend - Carl caught a cold and he was miserable. Then I thought Jonah caught it but he seems fine. This morning I woke u feeling a little ick with a sore throat (darn that Carl!) So now I'm miserable and feeling unmotivated to do anything.

Didn't get picked for a couple of DTs I tried out for... And I'd like to say that I'm ok with that, but I'm not. It's a little disheartening and discouraging when you see the same names and faces over and over again. I thought I had thick skin but maybe I'm just too sensitive for the picking process... So I've decided that after this month's round of calls, I'll just lay low for a while... No more visiting Pub Calls or Scrap Submit for a while... just need to boost my confidence for a while...

Anyway, here are 2 layouts I did a while back. I used them for DT submissions so I didn't post them until now. Simple - totally my style...

supplies: Autumn Leaves, Hambly, Jenni Bowlin, Lil Davis, Cricut

supplies: Scenic Route, Hambly, Jenni Bowlin, Love Elsie, Hedi Swapp

Busy weekend ahead... Hoping to get some scrapping done, but I've kind of lost a little mojo with all this rejection going around. *sigh*

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't lose that mojo girlie!!! The right opportunity will come along! You do great work! Don't let trying out for DT's and not getting picked ruin this hobby for you or stunt that mojo. Remember why your really scrapping and keep submitting. Your love of this art will come shining through! Sending (((HUGS))) and mojo!!!

bruinbr said...

i agree with laurie! Of course we all want to get picked for the things we try out for, but just hang in there and the right opportunity will present itself! I love the craving lo! - that journal paper and the frame around the pic are perfect! I'm craving it right now! :P

Anna M said...

Honey! Your stuff rocks. It is their loss! Don't let it get you down.

It is sad that the same old names get chosen. But like Laurie said, remember why you are scrapping.

Cathy Pascual said...

these pages are gorgeous!!!
i'm sorry about the DTs :(
I am sure you will get recognized for your talent soon. Your pages are AWESOME!!!!
You can be on my DT (if I ever have one ;)

Anna Zalamea said...

Hi! I stumbled upon your blog when you left a comment on Cathy (paper-cat)'s blog. Oh wow -- your pages are amazing!! don't lose hope...just hang in there and don't lose confidence. btw, maybe you could also try out for Guest DT spots (lots of them in Pub Calls). I was a guest designer for 2 sites (at different times) and I was offered a spot in the permanent DT member after my guest DT stint. So you never know, right? There are ways to get to the DTs without submitting through a public call. hth! :)

Anna Zalamea said...

Oh I also wanted to mention too..and this is just my opinion...I think a lot of the well-known names are picked especially for brand-new kit clubs, and this I think is due to marketing. A new kit club would like to have some big names there to generate buzz, kwim? Maybe try applying for some more establishing teams (if you haven't already done so) who are replacing their DTs because the contracts are up. hth!

Emine_Pala_Art_22 said...

i totally agree with anna... i started with a very unknown store's designteam. it's just about creating.. create a LOT to fill up your galery and they will notice you believe me. if you weren't talented I would say: move on. But you ARE REALLY TALENTED.
Don't loose your hope.

I remember that I was complaining a few months ago that I wasn't on any designteam. And now i'm designing for a manufacturer.
Go and create...

love you

xoxo
Emine

Vee said...

hang in there :)
love your pages and blog :)
((hugs))

Ady said...

I can totally relate to how you are feeling. I haven't even tried for a DT because I hate rejection. Don't fret... Your pages are beautiful and you do amazing work. Just keep swimming as Dory would say (Finding Nemo) Sorry, that just popped in my head as I was typing... Have a great one and keep scrapping...

RiNNE said...

Oh, Jo! I know how you feel! It's so easy to get discouraged, especially since we've been trying our hardest. I know we have been scrapping for a long time...but you know we had stopped, and missed out on a lot! So let's vow never to stop again!! And, hey, you act like you never won anything! Miss Digi Scrap Designer!! and how about those other prizes..they count, too!! Hang in there, chica! Love you!!

Lisa said...

wow girl, your stuff is amazing!! so glad i came across your profile at sistv! love your style :)

~currant7 said...

don't worry about the DTs...you'll be in one before you know it. :)

i love both layouts a lot!!! going to be seeking inspiration on your layouts! :D

yummy cupcake!