Saturday, January 17, 2009

2 cards...

I met one of my goals that I set for 2009! I actually created 2 cards. 1 for a co-worker who I love dearly but is moving to another unit, the other for our assistant manager who is pregnant. :)

Super happy that I used what I had around... AND super happy that I actually got a chance to sit down and have some ME time. It's been a rough week...



(I used mostly Stampin' Up! stuff with this card... I'll add the supply list later...)



(again, I'll add the supply list later..)

-----

In other news... We're a 29 weeks along in this pregnancy and we've had our ups and downs. This week I was diagnosed with borderline gestational diabetes. And I was devastated at first, but after talking to a few people (whattup Jamie!) I know I can get through it... It's a healthier lifestyle change and it'll help not only me, but our baby girl too.

It's going to be tough - I love carbs. I love desserts and chocolate... and baking... But I have to remind myself it's only for the next 11 weeks or so...

And leave it to my husband to think of the silver lining: "Well, at least you have something to add to baby girl's scrapbook!" And yes, he's right. *lol*

4 comments:

Gabrielle said...

These cards are FAB! Love em'!

YIKES on the gestational diabetes! But hey, it may pay off when trying to get the baby weight off later! :)

I have a couple books you might be interested in, What To Expect When Expecting and The Girlfriends Guide To Pregnancy. If you want either, let me know and I'll mail them to you!

bruinbr said...

love the preggers card! Hang in there about the gestational diabetes... it will all be worth it when you have your sweet baby girl! :)

Ady said...

Hey girl, I'm so happy your posting more frequently. I love Stampin up, I buy from a dear friend and the catalog is so worth it because it's actually an idea book too. Those cards are beautiful...

Jamie Ko said...

girl, you can do it!! it takes a little bit of life adjustment, but once you get the hang of it (which will take a little bit of time) it'll be a breeze from then on. don't give up! I found out at 29 weeks too, and I'm almost at the end. it can be done!

and i LOVE that preggo card. do you have a punch or something for the shirt? it's so cute!