Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Stamp to Scrap 2009

I found this post over at Split Coast Stampers...

Here's how it works:

For every fifteen cards you complete, allot yourself $20 to spend on supplies. That way you're using your stash but able to shop as you go! (Adhesive is NOT included - you can buy those whenever you need to do so)

If you're a scrapbooker, every five layouts would be $20. If you're big on altering, every ten altered items would be $20.

Put it on your profile and keep it updated on how many you've done and how much you've spent. For instance:

Layouts: 17
Cards: 18
Allotted: $80.00
Spent: $45.00

You can change the amounts as needed for your own budget.

I think Corinne and I tried doing this a couple years ago but we didn't really stay too strict on our goals and we were scrapping like crazy at the time - we totally justified our spending with the fact that we were creating layouts!

But I think I'll do better with it this time... Especially since we're saving up for a house and we've got baby #2 on the way to save up for. NO FRIVOLOUS SPENDING, right?

I DO have exceptions though:
1. adhesive
2. organizational tools - I've been frantically working on cleaning up my scraproom to make it look decent. I really need shelving in there.
3. Stampin' Up! stuff - I became a demonstrator mostly for hobby since their stuff is just too cute and irresistable. BUT as a demonstrator I need to make the minimum amount in quarterly sales. And since I don't host workshops (no time!), the only person who's buying from me is me. So I am left with no choice but to buy their stuff...

AND the new 2009 Stampin' Up! Spring-Summer Idea Book and Catalog just released... 212 pages of stamps and awesome ideas! I can't wait until my shipment box comes in!

To view the catalog without purchasing it go HERE.

If you'd like me to mail you a catalog, email me at joboogie at gmail dot com. The catalogs are $9.95. I'll pay for shipping ($5) OR if you pay for shipping, I'll give you a $5 credit on your first purchase (from the 2009 Spring-Summer catalog only).

No comments: