Saturday, January 31, 2009

must. show. restraint.

CHA just ended and it seems like everywhere I turn, there are sneak peeks and beautiful eye candy of scrapping goodies everywhere!

Must. Show. Restraint.

I'm tempted. Believe me, I really am. But I have to remember that my maternity leave is coming up and I won't be earning the same amount of $$ that we're used to. With a baby on the way, we're going to have to readjust our budget. AND, we want to move out of our little condo by the end of summer so we have a down payment to save up for.

Must. Show. Restraint.

*sigh*

Last night, the nesting bug kicked in - scrapping style. *lol* I didn't feel like cleaning the house, but I felt like organizing my craft room/office. So I worked on inventorying the stuff I have. So far, I made a list of punches that I have. Now I'm working on the stamps. That's going to take me a while since I've accumulated quite the collection.

Other stuff to inventory?
Cricut carts
Quickutz stuff
Cuttlebug stuff
Sizzix stuff
acrylic stamps

Then I want to organize the pictures I have to work on scrapping. I like the idea of this... Currently my pictures that I have to scrapbook are all scattered all over the room - drawers, boxes, envelopes, etc. I don't have an organized system for it all. But I got this idea off of Stacy Julian's Library of Memories class (I'm not taking the class. I can't justify $90!) and I liked the concept.

And then after inventorying my supplies and organizing my pictures, I want to finally purge stuff I want to get rid of. I REALLY need to do this. I was going through my punches last night and I realized that I have a TON of Paper Shapers that I don't plan on using again. But I tend to be a packrat (like my mom) and purging is going to be difficult. I tend to find a way to convince myself that I *may* use something one day. And Carl doesn't help with it either - his philosophy is that if you spent that much money on something, why should you get rid of it for less money or no money at all? *sigh*

I also want to create better storage for my acrylic stamps. I haven't found a system that works for me yet and I have tons of acrylics. I found this video a few weeks ago and really want to try out this system. Jennifer McGuire totally rocks. That's another project I want to work on...

So, as you can see, I have a lot that I want to do, but I don't know if I'll ever have enough time or energy to do it all. I tend to start projects I don't finish, but I'm determined to finish these...

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally feel you Jo! I am in the same boat! MUST SHOW RESTRAINT! I was actually quite suprised though, as I looked at all the new eye candy, I was only blown away by a few thing. Just a few things that I know I have to have. I just have to remind myself that I can't have or use it all! I am going to purge as well. I've been pretty ruthless lately too. So we'll see how that carries over to scrap stuff. Hugs girlie!

Ady said...

I guess it's in the air. I just finished reorganzing, purging and redecorating my scrap space. I'll post picture soon but let me tell you how I did it. If I haven't touched it in over a year I got rid of it and if it was no longer my scrapbook style I got rid of it and I created areas for same items. I made a bin of just letters. All my letters are in one place and I did the same for rub-ons, flowers and so on. It's so contained and I love it. Good luck and may the force by with you...LOL

bruinbr said...

good luck with the organizing! I should probably try to do some purging myself! :P