Sunday, March 25, 2007

goals.

Goals are good right? They give us something to strive to achieve... They give us purpose... They motivate us to try to reach a little bit more outside ourselves...

So maybe this blog will help me do all of the above...

Achieveable goals?
  • Limit the scrapbook shopping. I am an impulsive shopper. And you know how some people are comfort eaters? Those people who, when having a bad day, tend to turn to food to comfor them? Yeah, well, I don't seek comfort in food. I seek comfort in spending money on scrapbook stuff... How much money have I spent on supplies these last few months? How much have I actually scrapped?
  • 5 pages, 10 cards per month. I've got tons of stuff - old stuff. new stuff. duplicate stuff. It's almost becoming ridiculous. And since moving Carl's office into my scrabook room, there has been less and less room for my stuff and the new stuff that I keep adding to the already growing collection. So, in order to get rid of the stuff I have without having a garage sale (like, I'd even SELL anything. If I go through my stash, I can picture myself saying, "I'd use that someday. I can't throw it out..."), I've decided to set a goal of getting stuff DONE. This goal will begin April 1st.
Longterm goal?
  • Get published. *sigh* Every scrapbooker's dream, right? But instead of looking at magazines and telling myself each time, "I'm not worthy," my goal is to PUSH myself - think outside the box, try a new techique, find my own style... I may not get published soon, but it will happen someday. At least I hope. :)
So there you have it... in plain black and white. No excuses. This blog will help me get better - photograph better, journal better, design better...

We'll see how it goes. I'll keep you updated.

No comments: