Sunday, March 25, 2007

wish list item...


I really want a Cuttlebug...

Do you know what this translates to? "I really want another big $$ scrapbooking item to add to my ever growing collection of supplies I hoard but do not use."

Seriously.

I'm terrible. I think I have a problem. Maybe there's an addiction support group out there for me.

How many things have I bought and do not use? Or maybe use just once??? Let's run down the list.
  • Cricut - yes, I know this is a pretty sweet machine to use. I don't know why I don't use it... Maybe with my challenge, I'll use it more?
  • Xyron Design Runner - I got this using a bunch of Michael's coupons so I don't feel *too* bad about letting it go to waste... Maybe I'll use this for future cards.
  • sewing machine - yeah, um, I don't know what I was thinking. It's a shame that my mom was a seamstress and I have no idea how to sew. She was so happy that I wanted to learn and got me a sewing machine for my birthday last year. Needless to say, it's still sealed in the box... and my birthday was in September.
  • Quickutz - I think I tried using it once and got frustrated with the way it cut the paper... I never bothered figuring out what was wrong - I just gave up on the thing completely.
That's all I can think of for now... There are probably a bunch of other things I have but do not use... Dies for the Sizzix, Sizzlit alphabets for the Sizzix, the Click-It (Oh, I hate this thing. I couldn't get it to work!!!)...

I guess by listing all of this stuff it should get me more excited about my scrapbooking challenge. It really tells me a few things:
  1. I don't need new stuff... well, maybe that Cuttlebug. *lol*
  2. I have a ton of stuff gathering dust. It's time to use it all!
  3. I spend way too much money on stuff. (Don't get me wrong, it may look like I bought all that stuff at list price, most of all that stuff was bought with online coupons, sales and/or free shipping! I always wait for good deals! That's why I buy stuff in the first place - I can't pass up the good deals!
Corinne and I agreed. If I'm good and I meet our scrapbooking challenge for 2 months in a row, I can get the Cuttlebug... Now THAT'S something to motivate me!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooooh! I know what you mean Jo! I'm eyeing that Cuttlebug too, thanks to Rocio at the grand opening yesterday. It was great seeing you!! I miss scrapping with you too! Oh, by the way, I think your crazy to list all the stuff you don't use! LOL! I like to live in denial about that!! LOL!

Cynthia said...

Oh, I feel your pain. It's been 2 weeks since I've bought anything scrapbooking related and it's killing me. I know what you mean about having something and not using it (Cricut, Cuttlebug, QK, CraftRobo Pro). I'm definitely on a spending freeze so maybe we can do this together! :)

Jenn said...

Do you ever think about selling the stuff you don't use? An easy way to earn more money to spend on scrapbooking stuff!