Thursday, September 20, 2007

more altered stuff...

I've always wondered - do cards count as altered projects? Sometimes when I apply to DTs they want x amount of layouts and at least one altered project - defined as something that is not a page. Things that make you go hmmm... :)

Created a couple more cards (I really need to use up the scraps!) and a little matchbook inspired by Cathy (yes, Corinne, the matchbook you made for Jonah inspired me too!) - I've discovered that it's an awesome way to use up those scraps as well!




Click on the pic to see what's inside the little matchbook...
I really liked the "Brighton" line by Scenic Route (I used it for the "Love U" card and the matchbook)... I think I had picked it up a couple years ago and had it laying in my stash for a while - it's so bright and fun and totally atypical for using in those "love" themed projects! I'm so bummed I didn't pick up more of it when I had a chance.

I made the "Congrats" card on behalf of my co-workers for another co-worker who's getting married next Saturday... I guess that's what happens when your whole unit knows you as the "creative one who scrapbooks and makes cards" - you get volunteered to do things like this. I usually don't mind - it's a great way of using my stash up (especially all those little Prima flowers that sounded like a good idea when I bought a million of them in every color! *lol*)

3 comments:

Ady said...

beautiful cards. my fav is love story. This is a great way to use up scraps. have a good week.

bruinbr said...

how cute is that love story matchbook!? love the pictures, the Hambly, and all the scraps... PERFECT! :)

Anna M said...

Cute cute cute!

I love anything by Scenic Route!