Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME! :)

30 today and still feel young at heart...

My hubby asked me today if I feel 30... Well, how does someone FEEL a number, right? I mean, if you start thinking about my creaking joints, the stretch marks, the 20lbs I've gained since high school, the fact I've been a nurse for 7 years, a wife for 3, and a mommy of 7 months - then yeah, I feel old. hahaha...

But I'm young and feel young... I love drowning myself in creativity aka scrapbooking... Getting ink on my hands and adhesive on my fingers. I love the smell of chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven... I love playing video games with the hubby... I love Disneyland and vow to take my son there every year since I missed out when I was a kid. I love smell of fresh cut grass in the spring. Hello Kitty and Sanrio things make me smile. :)

So despite the fact that I am entering a whole new decade, I'm welcoming it with open arms. :) One of my best friends wrote in my birthday card: "30 is the new 20, you know..."

Yup, I know... But shhh... don't tell anyone. :)

----

In honor of my birthday, I've got a little bit of a RAK to give... I don't have a pic right now, I'm sorry! (A few weeks ago I won an Around the Block drawing that included 2 4x4 mini albums, colored pencils and paper... I'll most likely give this away unless I think of something cooler. :)

RAK rules:

Leave a comment on this post by Sunday, September 9 at Midnight PST... Tell me if you're a first time visitor or if you've been lurking *wink*... And tell me about your favorite birthday memory. :)

I'll draw a winner on Monday and post by Tuesday the 11th. :)

Can't wait to see your posts! :)

10 comments:

Kate said...

I fall under the "lurking" category! Love your blog! I think my fondest birthday memory kind of covers 2 birthdays...turning 20 and turning 30. I had an awfully hard time turning 20. No idea why...maybe because I just wasn't a teenager anymore??? So due to that trauma (!) turning 30 was simply amazing. Great party, great friends, great LIFE!!! Looking back on it, I wouldn't go back to my twenties for all the tea in China, all the money in the world, all the scrap supplies on earth. :0) Have an AMAZING day!!! Be blessed ~ Kate (aka Scrapbaby333)

Erica said...

Happy Birthday, Jo! I hope you have a great day and a great year! Your scrapbooking projects are absolutely gorgeous and I hope one of these days we can get all of the boys together. Gosh, you asked about a favorite birthday memory...that would have to be my 22nd birthday. I spent it in Australia with my now-husband. It was just the two of us and we spent the entire day strolling the streets of Sydney and soaking up the sun and the locals. I remember how surreal it all seemed that I was in this far away place with the one I loved and I knew then & there that we were to be together forever. ;) Happy Birthday!
--Erica (dblhappiness)

Diane said...

Happy Birthday Jo! I am a lurker of your blog. I super love your LO's! I am so proud I have a fellow kababayan who make great scrapbooks. You are one talented lady. Keep it up! You are so kind and friendly to everyone. God bless you always!

Diane - from the Philippines

Cathy Pascual said...

hi jo!
it's cathy - I guess I've only commented a few time so am i a semi-lurker? LOL?

Actually my best birthday memory was MY 30th (*cough* 4 years ago). The weekend before I went to Santa Barbara with my DH. And the day of we went out with 2 other couples for a birthday dinner at my favorite sushi restaurant in LA. It was yummy! I'm not big on birthday celebrations so this was a big deal for me and it was awesome!

And happy BELATED birthday to you!!!!
Hope you have a great week!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday! now that i think of it- i think i have been to your blog a few times. no comments but it looks a tad familiar!

my favorite birthday memory was probably when i was 2 i was watching my cousins play badmitten. it's my favorite because it's the farthest back i can remember! ;D

-rachael

jess said...

hehehe! Im a lurker!!!
** HAppy Birthday!! **

My best birthday memory was my 23rd birthday when we hosted a big BBQ at our appartment (by boyfriend and i) and my grandparents from Switzerland were in australia visiting at the time so they were able to celebrate with me!! it was great!!!

Xx Jess

P.S. i love all your scrapbook creations!!! I love your style!!
Xx

Siany said...

Hihi!! First time for me ;) But I know I'll be back! Your stuff is awesome!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope youre doing something fabulous to celebrate!!

My 20th birthday (last July) my boyfriend organised a surprise party for me in Sydney (2 hrs away)! It was just a great night especially because everyone went to so much trouble to come just for lil old me!!

Have a fantastic day!
xx Siany

bruinbr said...

Hi Jo! Happy birthday! Hope you had a fabulous day! :)
My favorite birthday memory was my 19th (good lord that was a long time ago! :P) My now dh made a website where all my friends and family posted special bday messages and pictures for me and then we went out for dinner with all of our friends. Still one of the best days ever :)

Anna M said...

I am such a shitty friend! I totally missed your birthday. I am sooooooo sorry. I hope it was a good one and your family spoiled you!

Love you girl!

Claire said...

I am definitely a lurker! joanne511 (LJ) was my college roommate, and she sent me all the digi scrapping links you had sent her along with your blog. I absolutely LOVE your LOs and wish mine were 1/2 as good!

My favorite birthday was probably 22. I went to my favorite college bar with all my friends. One of them even drove four hours to be there for it. We had a great time.