Monday, July 30, 2007

feeling charitable. :)

I love kids... Maybe that's why I became a pediatric nurse in the first place. It breaks my heart, though, to see them sick, in pain or suffering... It's a tough job, but I know it's what I've been meant to do in life...

So if you read my blog but never comment take the time and visit these 2 sites:

The first is the donation site for my friends' son who was born with a rare heart condition 9 years ago. After multiple surgeries and despite advice from doctors, he's a healthy boy to this day. :) Miracles do happen...

Bailey's Heart Walk

And don't stop your giving there! My pal Laurie has an enlightening story of her own... About her son who was diagnosed with a rare neurological syndrome a little over a year ago.
Take the time to visit her blog and check out their story... Their whole family is awesome... And in honor of them I'm setting up their donation badge on my blog until they reach their goals. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jo! You are so awesome!!! Thank you so much for helping us spread awareness and raise some money for the foundation!!! Thank you!!! Love ya girlie!!!

bruinbr said...

this is so sweet of you Jo!

Lanie said...

Jo, you are so awesome, such an awesome friend I tell ya. By the way, Bailey says thank you Auntie. I can't imagine having your job. I know it isn't an easy one, but knowing that there are dedicated people like you in the field makes me feel that much better about the hospital. Thanks again Jo!!!