Tuesday, April 3, 2007

digital


Lately I've been looking for inspiration for my layouts - on 2Peas, idea books, magazines, etc. and I've been seeing digital scrapbooking everywhere... Oh no, I thought to myself, I'm in trouble. It's just another way for me to spend money and spend most of my time on the computer, right?

A couple years ago, my coworker left my unit to transfer to another and all of the staff on my unit were really sad about that... So we decided to give her a gift - well, they enlisted me to be in charge of a gift. I wanted something original and creative so I ventured into the world of digital scrapbooking.

This is the layout I came up with. Nothing fancy - I just cut and pasted the elements of the digital kit...

I guess another scrapbooking goal I'm setting for myself is to take the plunge and learn more about this creative part of the hobby. I think it will be fun to learn something new.

Oh, anyway, I had printed this layout out on scrapbookpictures.com and framed it. It took a few years to finally give her this present (I kept forgetting to bring it to work with me!) but finally when I was able to give it to her, she really liked it. :) That makes me happy.

supplies: digital kit: "Moody Blues" from shabbyprincess.com; computer font: Century Gothic; computer program: Photoshop Elements 2.0

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

So what do you think about digital? Do you like it better than paper scrapping? Very sweet page, btw!