Tuesday, April 24, 2007

scrapbooking-itis. *lol*

Yep, I've got a severe case of scrapbooking-itis... I'm doing pretty well with my goal of 5 layouts, 5 cards per month... It's actually been TOTALLY do-able. It's motivated me to keep up with my BFF, Rinne. And it's actually been pretty cathartic in a sense that I get a little time to myself everyday. With a newborn baby in my house, those 5 minutes to myself are VERY precious!

So, I can only get one project done per week. 5 minutes here and there... then by Saturday my layout or my project is completed. It's pretty cool. And it's actually the best I've done - EVERY. At least, that's what I think.

My spending challenge to myself has gone down the toilet. *lol* I guess that's one of the symptoms of scrapbooking-itis. The more I scrap, the more I want to reward myself with goodies to scrap with. *lol* And so I reward myself... and reward myself... and reward myself.

Today was a trip to Picture Me Perfect (my kryptonite - seriously!) I had made plans to meet Rinne there to do a little shopping (I got her a gift certificate for her to use for her birthday) and I wanted to partake in her shopping joy with her. It was super fun. Got to hang out with the fabulous Suzy and we even got to hang out for lunch. Super fun. :)

Made me realize that I miss going to crops and hanging out with other gals who share the same love of this hobby as me. Rinne and I barely get to work on pages together (1. we have so much stuff that neither of us wants to lug our stuff to each other's house. *lol* 2. we usually have opposite schedules when we work so we can never find the time that works out for the both of us.)... I occasionally scrapbook with my friend A, but it's been a little hard to find time with the new baby in my house....

*sigh* so now I'm just a lonely scrapbooker.

My friend O just had a baby so she's on maternity leave like me so when she's settled with her routine, she's determined to come over and scrap with me while we let our babies nap. *lol* We'll see how that goes.

supplies: cardstock: Bazzill; patterned paper, rub-on stitching, letter stickers: Doodlebug Designs; lined patterned paper: Creative Imaginations; sentiment sticker: Imagination Project; pen, foam corner: American Crafts; other: mini brads.

1 comment:

RiNNE said...

Love this, Jo! And i got to see it in the making! Will send you the pics!