Thursday, April 5, 2007

i have a confession...

It's only the 5th of April and I'm doing terrible with my spending challenge.

Don't get me wrong - I have good reason...

See, before I challeged myself with this whole thing, I signed up to be a Memory Works consultant with the encouragement of my husband. He's been looking into one of us doing an at home business (for fun and for tax write off purposes)... So since I'm into scrapbooking, he thought that by being a consultant it would be perfect... I also found Memory Works to be very cool - no uplines or downlines (AKA no one to report to), 20% comission, 20% off, no monthly or yearly quotas so there's no pressure of actually working. And that's what sold me. I can get supplies at a discount. And I could use this consulting thing as a hobbyist and not for profit... Maybe eventually I'll get into it more, but for now it's just for building my supply stash.

So yes, I caved in and bought stuff this week - there was a sale on TOP of the already 20% stuff and I couldn't help myself. I can't resist a deal, even if I AM trying to limit myself. A deal is a deal and I just had to... I didn't want to kick myself in the butt later for not buying anything and then seeing it at a more expensive price later on...

So yes, in the spirit of Lent, that is my confession.

I'll do an extra 2 layouts to repent, I promise.

2 comments:

RiNNE said...

ahem....how much did you exactly spend on this sale? j/k...good job, jo! happy easter!

Cynthia said...

As long as you use the stuff, you shouldn't feel guilty! :) At least that's what I tell myself! :)