Monday, May 14, 2007

my first mother's day weekend...

Nothing special happened.

And I really mean that - nothing happened.

Went to church.
Had breakfast with the family.
Got a gift certificate to take Jonah to the Picture People from my sister.
Nothing from Carl.
No card.
No present.
Nothing.

Don't be surprised.
He's like that when it comes to special days - my birthday, anniversary, Christmas, and now Mother's Day...

And he made me cry.
Because it made me sad.

I told him I can't even scrap about Mother's Day.

He asked why not.

I said, What do I have to scrap about?

It pretty much sucked.

*sigh*

Here's a layout...



supplies: cardstock: Bazzill; cardstock swirl, ribbon: Cosmo Cricket; photo corners, chipboard heart: Heidi Swapp; die cut letters ("big"): Basic Grey; mini-brads: American Crafts

Hope all of you other mothers had a better mother's day than I did.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww...JO! I am so sorry that your Mother's day wasn't what you would have liked. I hope Carl will remember next time!!! Even the smallest thing can mean the world. HAPPY BELATED MOMMY'S DAY TO YOU!!! Your layout is beautiful!!!

RiNNE said...

sorry, babe.....carl-tot BADDDDD!!!! i have something for you...see you tonight!! *muah*

J Lizzie said...

i'm so sorry you didn't have a good 1st mothers day... :( this means you'll have to train that cute little one who makes you a mom to do better...and get you lots of flowers and make lots of self-made gifts!

Cynthia said...

So sorry that your mother's day sucked. But think of how much your little one loves you. :) Hope next year will be better!